History Of The Bloodhound Club
The Club was formed in 1902 by Mrs Oliphant of the famous Chatley Bloodhounds. The objectives of the club were
1) to take every opportunity of bringing bloodhounds into prominence by developing their hunting instincts.
2) To hold meetings at least once every year, as which hounds may qualify for certificates of merit in hunting the clean boot.
3) To guarantee ,from time to time, classes at shows confined to hounds holding the certificate of merit, and to offer special prizes at shows to be competed by members of the club only.
4) To encourage the breeding and training of typical, well balanced hounds possessing: courage, constitution and powers of endurance.
5) To promote the interests of the breed generally.